Think about all we have accomplished together and how much more we need to do. This weekend, let's celebrate not only the proud history of the labor movement, but also its future. Our future.
Next year, CTA celebrates 150 years of advocacy. One hundred and fifty years! We have a long history of fighting for public education, human rights and equality.
- In 1866, CTA's first legislative achievement established free public schools for all children in California.
- In 1915, CTA led efforts to outlaw child labor and enact other legal protections for children.
- And in 1975, the Legislature passed the CTA-sponsored Rodda Act giving K-14 employees the right to collectively bargain.
On Labor Day, join us in pledging to vote NO on Proposition 32.
Prop. 32 claims to be "political reform," but in reality it was intentionally written to advantage corporate special interests and disadvantage working people. (Learn more
.) The Super PAC billionaires are ecstatic about Prop. 32 because it will make their independent expenditures even more powerful. "SuperPAC Billionaire
" made a video about his plans once Prop 32 passes - watch and share. What you can do this weekend to stand with labor and get the word out:
1. Attend a local Labor Day celebration
. 2. Sample Tweets:
- Celebrate #LaborDay by pledging to protect voice of working Californians. Vote No #Prop32. http://StopSpecialExemptions.org/PledgeToVoteNo
- Do you stand with @SuperPACBillion or do you stand with American workers? Vote NO #Prop32. http://youtu.be/giUz81hpudU #LaborDay
- Use this profile picture or cover photo:
- Share SuperPAC Billionaire video
- Sample Status: This weekend, I'm celebrating Labor Day by honoring the working men and women of this state. I pledge to VOTE NO on Prop 32. [possible link: http://StopSpecialExemptions.org/PledgeToVoteNo
- Sample Status: I'm a proud labor supporter! Workplace safety protections, child labor laws, 40-hour work week, establishment of a universal and free public education system - with each of these milestones, working men and women have been at the forefront of the fight to defend the middle class. Happy Labor Day!
of your local paper. Again, thank you for all you do and have a wonderful Labor Day.
Dean E. Vogel